Many business owners often face the dilemma to know which is the best web hosting company in the world, and you will get the answer in this article.
I will give you brief overviews of the ten top-rated web hosting companies, their advantages, and disadvantages and the price to incur.
I will also show you the criteria to consider when choosing the best web hosting provider and recommend the most used by other individuals and business owners.
Introduction To Web Hosting
As a business owner, a web hosting service will enable you to publish your website, blog, or eCommerce store on the Internet so that your target market can find your products and services.
Web hosting companies have servers or physical computers that run without interruption to make the hosted websites available all the time for whoever wants to see them.
When you sign up for a given web hosting service, the owners will commit to keeping their servers up and running to protect your website from malicious attacks.
In a few words, creating a new website means that you must find the best web hosting service to supply you with that server space at an agreed fee.
Types Of Web Hosting Services
The most common web hosting are;
This is a hosting service suitable for small websites sharing the same server resources such as CPU (Central Processing Unit) and RAM (Random Access Memory) with other websites.
Many small business owners and bloggers choose this type of web hosting because it is cheaper.
Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting
This hosting service will enable you to have more control over your website without subscribing to a dedicated server. Your site will have its own space on the server while sharing that physical server with others.
However, the VPS hosting can make your website slow especially if the other websites with which it shares the server have high traffic volume.
Dedicated Server Hosting
This hosting consists of renting a server to host a particular website, giving the owner more control. The hosting provider will give you total access to the server and allow you to control everything.
However, you will need to pay accordingly because such a service is costly than the others.
If you own a big website with high traffic and some skills or resources to install and manage the rented server, you can use it.
The cloud hosting solution works through a network, and the hosted websites consume the same computing resources.
It provides many benefits, including the lack of server downtime and malfunction because the used resources will be spread across several servers.
This type of hosting is also scalable, making it the right choice for the future growth of your business.
Managed hosting means that the hosting service will provide you with technical services, including the setup and configuration of software and hardware, maintenance, monitoring, technical support, etc.
It is the most used by several websites you see here and there on the internet.
Below is a list of the most popular web hosting providers to help you choose the most suitable for your business.
The Top 10 Web Hosting Companies To Use
Hostinger International Ltd
Founded in 2004, Hostinger International Ltd is one of the most used web hosting and domain registrar services worldwide.
The current statistics show more than 29 million users in over 178 countries, and the figure keeps growing.
- The platform is easy to set up; you don’t need prior skills.
- It offers a speed performance score of 99.9% and a load time of 0.143 s.
- You will start a WordPress website in one-click installation and use advanced optimization to make it fast, reliable, and secure.
- The owners offer 24/7/365 chat support to solve any technical issues their customers may face.
- All plans come with 30 days money-back guarantee; you can cancel your subscription and ask for a refund within this period if you are not happy for any reason.
There is an exception to the refund policy because you must request a refund of the domain name registration fee within four days instead of 30 days.
Also, domain name renewals and redemption fees are non-refundable.
You can get started for as low as $ 1.39 per month for a single shared hosting; the figure below gives more information (select the WordPress hosting for this price).
Bluehost is another popular company that offers web hosting services since 2003.
Its comprehensive tools have enabled millions of individuals globally to start and manage their businesses successfully.
- Websites hosted on Bluehost have a 99.95%% uptime and high-speed loading time.
- It is easy to use and officially recommend by WordPress like Hostinger and other platforms.
- Users get 30 days to claim the refund of their money in case of nonsatisfaction.
- Your subscription will entitle you to a free domain name for one year.
- It has security features to protect any website and keep its data and files secure.
- The Bluehost support is available all the time and responds quickly.
Even if this platform is one of the best in the industry, its prices are a bit expensive compared to its competitors, such as Hostinger.
The basic hosting costs $2.95 per month, Plus plan $5.45 a month, and the Gro Pro $13.95 per month.
GreenGeeks is an eco-friendly green company that offers web hosting and domain registration services to small and medium businesses worldwide.
- The GeenGeeks advanced security tools will keep your website secure and protect its data from online malicious people.
- It has a 24/7 support team to assist customers by chat, phone, or ticket.
- The owners are committed to protecting the environment by using renewable energy.
- All subscriptions plan come with a free domain name registration and easy website migration.
- This platform has four data centers to provide reliable and high-performance hosting solutions.
Greengeeks offers the basic hosting plan at $2.49 per month for a three years contract.
The cost will increase to $9.95 a month if you choose to commit for one year, which many clients find unfair.
Hostgator offers domain registration and web hosting services since 2002; its current happy users are estimated to be more than two million globally.
- It provides free domain registration and free site transfers.
- Your website will have a 99.9% uptime guarantee, which is among the best in the industry.
- The platform is user-friendly and allows easy apps integrations.
- Your website will have unlimited bandwidth to host all sizes of data and files.
- The owners provide 24/7/365 support.
When compared to Hostinger, some users say that HostGator is not the most economical option to host their websites, but it will depend on your budget and the benefits offered by each platform.
The basic plan starts at $2.75 per month.
Founded in 2004 and managed by a team of experienced people to provide quality services, SiteGround is another popular web hosting provider recommended to use.
- This platform uses SSD disks to provide the hosted websites with optimal speed and a high level of redundancy.
- Your website will have a reliable uptime and page loading speed.
- The owners provide one of the best customer support in the industry.
- SiteGround’s WordPress optimized hosting has all you need to start and grow a successful business online.
This platform’s storage space is limited from 10GB to 30GB; Also, the managed hosting features require users to subscribe to the GrowBig or GoGeek plans, and the renewal costs are higher.
The first shared hosting plan called “StartUp” costs $6.99 per month, the GrowBig $ 9.99 a month, and the GoGeek 14.99 per month.
DreamHost is another one of the top Web Hosting companies to use. The owners promise to make their clients’ websites always fast, secure, and SEO friendly.
- The control panel is simple and easy to use.
- Your website will never slow down to make you lose customers, conversions, and sales.
- You will get unlimited data storage, bandwidth, MySQL databases, and subdomains.
- Your site will also have a free SSL certificate to keep your website safe.
- Dreamhost has 24/7 US-based customer support to help clients any time when stuck.
Even though the basic plan is affordable, this provider offers some other features at extra costs.
Some users also say that the waiting time for Live chat is sometimes long, but it will depend on people in the waiting line.
WordPress hosting starts at $2.59 per month, the dot COM domain names at $7.99, and the WordPress migrations are free.
WP Engine is the number one WordPress hosting platform for businesses of all sizes currently available on the market. It will provide you with the following benefits:
- Design tools to build any website easily and quickly.
- The highest rate of page speed for boosting your website’s performance.
- Security solutions to protect your business from millions of attacks every day.
- Continuous monitoring tools to reduce risks and keep your website fast, reliable, and secure.
- Features and tools to increase your website visitors and help you to grow revenue.
- Award-winning support at any time of day and night.
This platform was specifically designed for WordPress users, and its pricing structure is high compared to other web hosting providers. However, it also offers many benefits than most of its competitors.
- The Startup plan starts at $30 per month.
- The Growth at $115 a month.
- The Scale at $290 a month.
Cloudaways is a managed cloud hosting platform suitable for eCommerce businesses and agencies with big teams. Your website will have great performance and reliability.
- This platform simplifies hosting experiences for agencies and eCommerce businesses.
- It offers one of the most powerful and flexible cloud-based plans compared to similar platforms.
- Cloudways is so flexible that it accommodates every business needs and allows to scale it as the owner wants.
- It uses CDN ( content delivery networks) to make its servers fast and enhance the hosted website performance.
- Its cPanel will enable you to access and set up applications, projects, servers, and teams.
- The owners provide 24/7 support by live chat.
- And lots more.
Unlike some other web hosting platforms that offer email marketing integrations, Cloudways does not allow this yet.
You can get started for as low as $10 per month and upgrade your account later as your business scale.
The banner below provides more details about the pricing structure.
InMotion Hosting offers a suite of interconnected infrastructure technologies and open-source solutions, including website hosting.
Thousands of businesses of all sizes from more than 175 countries globally are currently using its services.
- The platform’s dashboard is easy to set up.
- It offers a fast and reliable page loading speed and 99.99% uptime.
- All hosted websites get free SSLs to protect from malware and hackers.
- The owners offer a 90 days money-back guarantee.
- Customer support is available 24/7/365.
You will need to upgrade your account to a higher level to get the maximum benefits of this platform; the basic options have some limitations.
The sharing hosting starts at $5.99 per month, the WordPress at $6.99 a month, VPS hosting at $31.99 per month, and dedicated hosting at $99.99 a month.
A2 Hosting is an easy-to-use web hosting platform with turbo servers allowing the hosted websites to get up to 20X faster page loads than standard hosting.
- This platform offers the fastest page load speeds like many other web hosting services.
- It integrates easily with the most popular content management systems: Drupal, Joomla, Magento, OpenCart, and WordPress.
- A2 Hosting offers unlimited storage space and data transfer.
- You can use this platform to host ordinary websites, blogs, or business Websites.
You will need to pay an additional fee if you want this platform’s owners to back up your website’s data and files. Also, its check-out has many unnecessary add-ons.
The shared hosting plan starts at $1.99 per month, the VPS hosting at $4.99 a month, the reseller hosting at $14.99, and a $99.99 per month for a dedicated server hosting.
How To Choose The Best Web Hosting Service?
There are many criteria to consider when it comes to choosing a top web hosting provider to use, as detailed below:
Uptime is a must-consider first criterion because it can significantly impact your business’s presence online and your customer’s user experience.
You must ensure that your website hosting service guarantees an availability (uptime) closer to 100%.
Page Loading Speed
Search Engines like Google are always fond of websites with pages that load fast and give them the highest rankings, meaning that this criterion can greatly impact your website SEO.
Make sure that the web hosting service you want to use offers a good loading page speed.
Hiring a web hosting is also a matter of trust because of the high sensibility of your data. You must ensure that your provider will safely and securely protect your website from hackers, etc.
Another important factor to consider is the space to store your website’s files and data. The more your business will grow, the more you will need a lot of space.
You must ensure that your website hosting provider offers the amount of storage space you need to manage your online business without running out of memory.
Website’s Monthly Traffic
It is also better to be attentive and examine the different hosting plans because some providers charge monthly traffic.
When you exceed your allotted limit, their servers will stop displaying your website or charge you an additional fee for extra traffic.
Your web hosting provider must also be available at any time to provide you with the needed support so that your website can run all the time without interruption.
These are the most important factors; others will depend on your online business’s needs.
You must, for example, look at the available payment methods, the integrated content management systems, whether there is a free trial period, etc.
The Final Thoughts
It is the end of this post showing you which is the best web hosting company in the world and I hope that this information will help you to choose the best one for you.
All the platforms reviewed provides top hosting services despite some differences in the pricing.
I recommend Hostinger as it offers a good quality cost ratio and Cloudways if you are an agency with big teams or an eCommerce store.
It will provide you with the tools you need to build and run your business online successfully.
I also invite you to read a review of QuickBooks accounting software for information on keeping your business’s accounting organized.
Thank you for reading this post; you can share a comment at this page’s bottom; I will get back to you as soon as possible.