This post includes some best free podcast hosting sites to use this year and beyond; they have free and paid versions to help members start podcasting easily.
Free options are the best way to get started, but you will still need to upgrade your account to the paid plans once you monetize your podcasts and make profits.
Introduction To Podcast Hosting
Before talking about podcast hosting, let’s first see what podcasting is. Indeed, podcasting consists of using the internet to distribute your audio files to your target audience (listeners).
Your listeners will typically download their preferred podcasts on computers or other devices in MP3 format and listen to them when needed.
With that being said, you will need an appropriate podcast hosting service, especially if you want to gain subscribers and monetize your episodes.
A podcast hosting platform serves as a middle man between the podcast owner (you) and the target audience (your listeners).
In other words, you will need to store your various episodes on a podcast hosting platform.
Uploading your audio files will generate an ” RSS feed,” a link whose purpose is to inform podcast directories that you have released a new podcast.
A Summary: To get into podcast directories, your audio files (episodes) must be in MP3 file formats, be uploaded on a podcast hosting platform, and generate RSS Feed to submit to those directories.
Top Podcast Hosting Platforms
As one of the popular podcast hosting platforms currently available, Buzzsprout allows people of all backgrounds to start podcasting easily.
You’ll find tools to promote your podcasts and track them to see how they perform within this platform.
Below are its main features.
Broad Reach – Your podcasts will reach millions of people through the top podcast directories, including Alexa, Apple Podcasts, Castro, Google Podcasts, iHeart Radio, Spotify, TuneIn, etc.
Advanced tools – Advanced podcast statistics will give you statistics on the number of listeners who have downloaded your podcasts, the apps used to listen to them, from where your audience is, etc.
Free and paid plans – Buzzsprout will allow you to start hosting your podcast free for 90 days. You can get started without paying a penny, start growing your episodes, and choose a paid plan after this period.
- Free hosting for 90 days: It allows uploading two hours of podcast per month, access to advanced statistiques, etc.
- $12 per month: This membership will give you the benefits of the free plan plus three hours of podcast upload and the possibility to pay $4 per hour for uploading more content.
- $18 per month: You will have the benefits of the free plan, plus six hours podcast upload per month, and paying $3 per hour for uploading more content.
- $24 per month: This plan provides the benefits of the free plan plus 12 hours of content upload and the possibility to pay $2 per hour if you want to upload more content.
You can use the banner below to open a free account and get started right away.
Podbean is another podcast hosting platform that provides free and premium hosting plans to individuals and business owners.
Easy to use dashboard – This platform’s user-friendly dashboard features analysis, management, publishing, and syndication tools.
Publishing Tools – This part includes the tools you can use to start publishing your different episodes in a few clicks.
Unlimited Hosting – You can download the number of podcasts you want, depending on your membership.
Professional Podcast Website – Your free membership will entitle you to one podcast website; there are many professional themes to customize your site.
Other key features are domain integration to brand your own domain, scheduled and publishing tools.
- Basic: Free to help you get started.
- Unlimited audio: $9 per month if billed annually or 14$ if you choose to pay per month.
- Unlimited plus: $29 per month billed annually or $39 if you opt for a monthly payment.
- Business: $99 per month billed annually or $129 per month.
Spreaker is a free podcast software you can use to record, publish, distribute and analyze your audio files at any moment, wherever you are in the world.
Podcast publication – This feature will enable you to start distributing your podcast worldwide in a few clicks.
Podcast monetization – This is where you will get the tools to monetize your podcasts and achieve the ultimate goal of making money.
Analytics tools are designed to provide insights into how your listeners are downloading your episodes, from where it is happening, etc.
You will also find the features appropriate for big brands, the podcast creation software, applications, etc.
- Free Speech: This plan is free to help you get started in the podcasting industry.
- On-Air Talent at $7 per month: It offers multiple podcasts hosting, access to customizable RSS Feeds, and podcast monetization.
- Broadcaster $20 per month: This plan includes the benefits of the previous plan plus the use of advanced statistics and paid subscriptions.
- Anchorman $50 per month. This plan comes with the benefits of the previous one plus the possibility to use customizable player colors.
This platform will provide you with the tools you need to promote your podcasts on the internet and reach your targeted audience easily worldwide.
Production – Audioboom will host, distribute and monetize your podcast content through studios based in New York, Los Angeles, and London.
Advertising: This platform also matches talented podcasters with advertising agencies and brands for podcast ads. The owners promise to manage your advertising campaigns from beginning to end.
Distribution – Audioboom has partnered with leading streaming and distribution services to enable your listeners to access and discover your podcasts on various directories easily.
- Free plan: Unfortunately, Audioboom no longer offers a free option.
- The paid plan starts at $9.99 per month per podcast, which makes this platform costly.
RSS Podcast Hosting
This is one of the cheapest podcast hosting services you can use to publish and schedule your episodes easily. It integrates the following key features.
Podcast RSS Feed – This feature helps to create and update your podcast RSS feed automatically. It will enable your fan to listen to your various episodes directly from your website.
Podcast distribution – RSS Podcast Hosting will also distribute your different podcasts on the main podcast directories, including Apple, Google Podcasts, Ready, Spotify, etc.
Sponsorships – You will learn how to get sponsors, grow your episodes, and monetize them efficiently.
Tracking tool – You will be able to track how your podcasting business grows, analyze your listeners’ behaviors, and lots more.
- Free for the first episode to learn more about the platform.
- Educational plan: $ 4.99 per month.
- RSS Podcaster plan: 12.99 per month.
Podomatic Inc allows users to create, share, and promote any podcast online. All you need to get started is to open a free account.
You will also need a modern computer with a microphone and a camera to start your podcasting activities from your home’s comfort.
- Features to record the podcasts your target audience will enjoy listening to.
- Tools to upload your podcasts quickly and store them safely.
- Publication of your various episodes on Google Play and iTunes, which are among popular directories.
- Promotional tools to help you monetize your podcasts better.
- Basic Plan at $0: Free for A5 GB bandwidth per month and 500 MB storage.
- Pro Plan at $ 2.49 a month: It comes with 100 GB Bandwidth per month and 2 GB storage.
- Pro Plus at $8.32 per month: It includes 3 GB storage and 200 GB bandwidth per month.
- Pro Platinium at $20.82 per month: This plan is for podcasters with many episodes to host. It comes with 500 GB bandwidth a month and 5 GB storage.
Once you have recorded your podcasts, Transistor will let you upload them on its platform and submit them on popular directories like Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
Podcast hosting – After recording and uploading your episodes or audio files, Transistor will generate their podcast’s RSS feed.
Distribution – This platform will then help distribute your podcasts on various directories, including Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and more.
Analytics – You will be able to consult statistics on the average downloads per podcast, the number of subscribers you have already got, and many other interesting data.
Private podcasting – You can use this feature to send private episodes to your advisors, members, subscribers, and team.
- Free of fourteen days to see how the platform works.
- Starter Plan: $19 per month.
- Professional Plan: $49 per month.
- Business Plan: $99 per month.
The last podcast hosting service I want to talk about is Resonate. This platform will host your various episodes, distribute them on directories and help to reach your audience fast.
Podcast producer services – This service will help you hire an episode producer to produce engaging podcasts for your listeners.
Podcast launch service comprises recommendations on the appropriate equipment to use when launching your podcasting business.
Podcast production – This Resonate’s audio production services is for all of your post-production audio needs.
Other services are video production, podcast marketing, and enterprise services.
This platform’s pricing structure is somehow expensive compared to other providers; it will depend on the goals you want to achieve.
- Standard: It starts at $59 per episode.
- Premium: This plan starts at $139 per podcast.
- Enhanced: They will charge you $199 per episode.
- Enterprise: You will pay at least $349 per podcast.
Note: This platform offers one free episode of podcast production.
The Best Music Hosting Platforms
Founded in 2007, SoundCloud provides artists worldwide with the tools, resources, and services to quickly build and grow their careers.
It currently hosts more than 250 million tracks belonging to around 30 million artists from almost every country globally.
MP3 Downloader – This easy-to-use SoundCloud MP3 tool will enable you to convert and download your preferred music in high-quality MP3 format.
Offline listening – This is the ability for listeners to save their preferred music on given devices and listen to them anytime without an internet connection.
Unique music – This is another feature that has made SoundCloud popular in the music industry. It hosts millions of tracks from which listeners can choose the ones they like.
Tracks monetization – SoundCloud will also provide you with the tools to monetize your various tracks and achieve your making money goals.
- Free Plan: It is free for three hours of upload time, access to basic stats, and basic embed controls.
- Pro Plan (cost not revealed): This plan gives access to six hours of upload time, replace tracks tools, quiet mode, advanced stats, and spotlight tools.
- Pro Unlimited plan at $16 per month, or $144 per year; This plan allows you to use the free ads tools, scheduled releases tools, full stats and embed controls, and unlimited upload time.
Whether you are an amateur or a professional in the music industry, Soundtrap will provide you with the tools you need to make your career the right way and become successful.
You can use this platform to collaborate with other artists, your bandmates, or whoever else in real-time, no matter where you are in the world.
Recording Tools – You can record your creations, edit them and collaborate with others using any device from anywhere. Soundtrap will store your projects in the cloud.
Auto-Tune – The Soundtrap platform also integrates an Auto-Tune feature designed to offer you the ability to pitch and modify all your voice recordings.
Automation tool – This is a powerful tool designed to create professional sounds, tweak the volume as needed, and even use the sweeping effect you want.
Other important features are an amplifier to connect your music instruments between them, loops, presets, and patterns
Soundtrap also provides education designed to empower teachers and students of all ages and ability levels. They explore creative sound recordings in all types of subjects.
The figure below gives more explanations and clarifications on the pricing structure.
How To Choose The Best Podcast Hosting?
There are some criteria to consider when choosing the best podcast hosting service, as shown below:
Storage space – You need to be careful because most podcast hostings offer standard packages with limited storage space that will not help grow your podcasting business as needed.
Such platforms typically charge more money as you grow, meaning that you must ensure to analyze all plans (free and paid), the associated benefits, and their pricing.
Analytics tools – Another important criterion to consider is whether the platform you want to use has analytic tools to provide you a clear understanding of your podcast listeners’ behaviors.
Built-in audience analytics features will track all your podcast listeners’ activities, including the number of every episode’s downloads, where your audience is located, and lots more.
Easy to Use Interface – You must also choose a platform with an intuitive and easy-to-use dashboard to be comfortable for you to use.
Monetization Capabilities – Given that the ultimate goal of your podcasting business is making money, it is vital to choose a hosting platform that integrates monetization tools.
Support – A platform you can contact whenever you need support, and quick replies will help you become a successful podcaster.
The Final Words
This is the end of this review about the best free podcast hosting sites to use. My best recommendation is Buzzsprout, but you can choose any other you want.
As for the best music hosting service, I recommend using Soundatrap; it offers many benefits, including education for teachers and students at great prices.
I also advise you to read this article about the ten free landing page builder platforms you can use to efficiently promote your business on the internet.
Thank you for reading this post; please leave your comments or question at the bottom of this page. It will be a pleasure for me to reply quickly.